Still have Thanksgiving leftovers? Are you tired of warming up turkey and sides? We all know and love those leftovers from Thanksgiving, but sometimes it’s a good idea to kick it up a notch. Thanksgiving is the most anticipated meal of the year. People crave that delicious turkey and cranberry sauce. Many can’t wait to dig into the stuffing and mashed potatoes. Once Thanksgiving Day is over though you are left with so much extra food. Make the most of Thanksgiving leftovers by using them in satisfying soups, potpies, quiches, and casseroles or even try using them in Turkey Banh Mi Sandwiches.
With its refreshing flavors, this holiday take on the delicious Banh Mi is sure to satisfy those post-Thanksgiving leftover cravings.
What you’ll need:
- Chilled cooked turkey
- Asian chili sauce
- Thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Fresh cilantro
- Jalapeno chilies, if desired
- Slice chilled cooked turkey, and mix with mayonnaise spiked with Asian chili sauce.
- Layer turkey with thinly sliced peeled cucumber, grated carrot, daikon and a generous handful of fresh cilantro inside a baguette.
- Add more heat with sliced jalapeno chilies if desired. Precise measurements aren’t needed; fill as you like.
However you choose to enjoy your Thanksgiving leftovers – get creative! Have fun with it and you may come up with the next recipe you will share with family and friends for years to come.
Enjoy your holiday season everyone!