Utah Sweet Corn is very popular with locals. It is a staple in most Utah homes throughout the summer and into the fall. Many people only think about the classic corn-on-the-cob with melted butter and salt and pepper, but there are several other ways to enjoy Utah sweet corn.
Roasted Utah Sweet Corn Salad
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Scabios garlic Oil
- 3 avocados, cut in half
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 red jalapeno chili, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2-3 ears corn kernels, grilled and zipped
- 2-3 tablespoon cilantro, rough chop
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1. Prepare the grill by heating on medium high heat.
2. Lightly brush with oil.
3. Season the avocados lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Place the avocados on the grill cut-side-down.
5. Grill for 2 minutes, turn avocado 45 degrees and continue to grill for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove avocado and set aside.
7. Skewer the tomatoes and drizzle them with garlic oil.
8. Bring grill back up to medium-high and place tomatoes on grill.
9. Grill for 4-5 minutes, turning the tomatoes once.
10. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
11. In a medium mixing bowl, add crushed garlic, oil and lime juice, whisk together.
12. Cut the tomatoes in half.
13. Add tomatoes and corn to the oil and lime juice.
14. Stir in the chilies and cilantro.
15. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
16. To serve, scoop tomato corn salad into avocado.
17. Drizzle with habanero oil and enjoy!
That is just one of many recipes that can be used to enjoy Utah sweet corn in a new way! Share with us your Utah sweet corn recipes!
Nicholas and Company has fresh Utah sweet corn ready to order!