Have you had a really good, hot breakfast lately? It is, after all, the most important meal of the day and this month we’re not just cooking up breakfast, we’re celebrating it! February is National Hot Breakfast Month!
Did you know that breakfast means to actually break a fast? After fasting all through the night and since dinner, you might not have eaten for around sixteen hours. That’s over half a day! Instead of extending a fast, break it up with a delicious, hot breakfast. Limited time tends to get in the way of cooking up a hot breakfast, but there are solutions! Oatmeal can be made quickly ahead of time and can be easily customized by adding fresh fruit or spices.
Pancakes are another popular breakfast item. Use the following tips to bring breakfast to a new level. While plain buttermilk pancakes are a classic, there’s definitely room to spruce up the option. Fresh blueberries are a great mix-in. Chocolate chips also a popular choice for the sweet tooth. The batter can be flavored up as well. Pumpkin, apple cinnamon, German chocolate, and lemon poppy seed are all great flavor twists on the original. If that’s not enough, top a stack with strawberries and whipped cream, bananas, jam, or your favorite syrup.
- Sweet Cream Pancake Mix #415144
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix #162766
- Fresh Blueberries #996561
- Fresh Strawberries #994145
- Fresh Raspberries #992743
- Fresh Blackberries #991869
- Milk Chocolate Chips #600080
- Slice Strawberry Topping #377580
- Non-dairy Whipped Cream #145164
There is also growing trend for eating breakfast out of the home. As people head out for the first meal of the day, be prepared with delicious bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, or crepes! Pile on the plate and celebrate National Hot Breakfast Month by making sure you have plenty of the following Nicholas and Company items.
- Prairie Creek Skinless Sausage Link #070620
- Prairie Creek Sausage Link #070630
- Prairie Creek Sliced Bacon #286329
- Villa Frizzoni Chorizo #075368
- Cobblestreet Market Natural Smoked Ham #281625