Food Show Expectations
Dear vendors and brokers,
Thank you for participating in our food shows. Food shows are excellent opportunities to build relationships with sales reps and customers, sell new items to existing customers, sell to new customers, and reward those who buy from you!
Do you know how the Nicholas and Company food show rewards program works?
1- The allowances that you enter into Perenso (Data Connect) will be converted to points.
(The dollar value that you enter is what will be billed back or paid internally for each case. The point value is what the customer sees and earns.)
2- At the food show, the customer will see the points associated with each item.
3- The customer books product.
4- The customer will earn points for every item that is booked at the show and then shipped during the shipping period. (If the customer books just one case, they will still earn points for ALL cases that are shipped. Likewise, if the customer books 100 cases but shipped only one, they earn points for only the one that shipped.)
Order your Nicholas and Company Apron by May 11, 2018
Food Show Expectations
- DO NOT BEGIN TO BREAK DOWN UNTIL THE END OF SHOW HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED OVER THE P.A. SYSTEM.
- The only acceptable tablecloth color is black. This also includes runners, tabletop covers, and any other table décor. JP Display will provide an 8 ft. skirted table, but you will need to provide a black tabletop cover or linen.
- All items booked at the show will be shipped.
- Smoking is not permitted at the food show.
- The use of cell phones is not permitted in the booth.
- The Perenso (Data Connect) software is the only acceptable means for taking leads.
- Please do not dispose of ice, oil or any other food waste anywhere other than what is posted as disposal sites.
- Any useable, left over product will be donated to a charitable cause.
- Keep clean up as neat as possible and be respectful of the facility and staff.
- Sitting is not permitted unless given prior permission for any medical or health reasons.
- All individuals working the food show must wear a Nicholas and Company apron with a black shirt of their choice. No jeans. http://www.niccostore.com/product_p/va.htm
- Each individual booth must be attended to at all times during the show, by a knowledgeable representative. All representatives must be able to answer questions regarding product specifications, Nicholas and Company stocked items only, and competitor lines.
- There is no broker signage, tablecloths or merchandise to be visible at the Nicholas and Company food show. This includes any broker logoed items on the front of the booth (including but not limited to: napkin dispensers, chafing dish fuel, napkins, etc.). The only broker logoed items that are allowed are any back of the booth items, such as kitchen supplies, or a BLACK broker shirt with the Nicholas and Company apron.
- All Exclusive Brands are required to display an IMA-issued pop-up banner(s) and table cloth at all food shows.
- All Exclusive Brands are required to provide Point-of-Sale material which include Nicholas and Company item numbers.
- Exclusive Brands must be the prominent items displayed and sampled at the food show.
- If you are in need of Exclusive Brand point of sale, please reach out to Kenny Huynh (firstname.lastname@example.org and please put the subject line as [POS REQUEST]). He will provide the POS for you, but we will not print any POS. If you need to print, here are our recommendations:
- AlphaGraphics | BJ Iturrieta | 801-924-8747 | email@example.com
- Presto Print | Matt Varanakis | 801-355-6131 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- SL Mailing | Bert Bailey | 801-974-7600 | email@example.com
- When representing an Exclusive Brand, the most-qualified representative should work this booth.
- Nicholas and Company will cover the power costs for Exclusive Brand booths. However, if on show day, the booth is not deemed to adequately represent the Exclusive Brand, the manufacture will be charged the full amount for the power used.
Food Safety Requirements
- The display of raw meat and seafood is prohibited unless covered by film wrap or display cover/box.
- Hands must be washed thoroughly prior to working with food.
- Gloves/serving utensils must be worn by anyone handling food in your area.
- Fire extinguishers with a “K” rating are required in all cooking areas.
- All hot foods for sampling must be heated and/or held within their specified temperature ranges.
- All foods for display or for serving must be labeled with product display cards. Cards should clearly state the product name and brand, Nicholas and Company product code and pack size. For products not intended for consumption, product cards should read “Display Only”.
Post Show Expectations
- Be proactive with follow up. You will receive leads and orders reports within 5 days following the show. Work closely with the DSRs to convert these into new case sales.